Press Release, Public Safety Harrisburg, PA – Governor Tom Wolf today praised a bipartisan, unanimous vote in the Pennsylvania Senate in favor of Senator Jake Corman’s Pennsylvania Timothy J. Piazza Law to combat hazing.“I thank Senator Corman and bipartisan members of the Senate for advancing this important bill to combat hazing and help prevent another tragedy,” Governor Wolf said. “We must give law enforcement the tools that they need to hold people accountable and we must ensure schools have proper safeguards to protect students and curb these practices. I urge the House to swiftly pass this bill and get it to my desk for my signature.”According to the sponsor, the proposed bill increases penalties for all of those involved in hazing; requires schools to have policies and reporting procedures in place to stop hazing; and informs students and parents of what is happening on campus. It also establishes clear-cut parameters on hazing for organizations such as fraternities and sororities. Governor Wolf Praises Senate Action to Combat Hazing April 18, 2018 SHARE Email Facebook Twitter
3 Emu Court, Sorrento.More from news02:37Purchasers snap up every residence in the $40 million Siarn Palm Beach North7 hours ago02:37International architect Desmond Brooks selling luxury beach villa1 day agoMs Fazekas said the home was designed to have a contemporary style with the environment in mind. “It was an older home when we first moved in and there was only so much we could do to change it without completely rebuilding it,” she said. 3 Emu Court, Sorrento.“The house was orange and it needed love. I am a big fan of natural materials and using products that are environmentally friendly. “The materials have a lovely natural shine to it. Paint tends to break away and we wanted a design that would stand the test of time.” 3 Emu Court, Sorrento.The couple said the home had been a retreat for them.“It’s always relaxing having a morning coffee on the patio,” Ms Fazekas said. 3 Emu Court, Sorrento.THIS single-level Sorrento home is packed with impressive features including a pool, spa and wine cellar.Belinda Fazekas and Mark Dolbel own their own solid plastering business Plastacraft and have applied their expertise in surface finishes to their family home. 3 Emu Court, Sorrento.Designed with a resort-style in mind, the 792sq m home at 3 Emu Court was renovated with a mix of natural materials and polished plasters. “We’ve done the house in natural finishes,” Ms Fazekas said. “The exterior has had a sand coat finish and inside are polished plasters.” 3 Emu Court, Sorrento.“The house is really well spaced out too, so even though it’s one level it still has a lot of features.”
For illustration only (Image BP)By Ron BoussoLONDON (Reuters) – Global energy demand continued its sluggish growth last year as China’s growth fell to its lowest in nearly 20 years while renewables flourished, BP <BP.L> said in a report on Tuesday.Slower demand growth helped stall the acceleration of greenhouse gases emissions for a third year to levels not seen since the 1980s, although emissions remained well above targets set out by nations in Paris in 2015 to fight climate change, BP said.Global energy demand grew by 1 percent in 2016, a rate similar to those seen in the previous two years but well below the 10-year average rate of 1.8 percent, BP said in its benchmark Statistical Review of World Energy.“This is a third year where we’ve seen weak growth in world energy demand… The new normal is that all of this growth is coming from developing economies,” particularly China and India, BP Chief Economist Spencer Dale told reporters.China’s growth during 2015 and 2016, 1.2 and 1.3 percent respectively, although still the strongest in the world, marked its lowest over a two-year period since 1997-98.While the slowing energy demand growth was a result of sluggish global economic activity, it also stemmed from more efficient of engines and factories, he said.Among fossil fuels, oil consumption grew at the fastest annual rate at 1.6 percent last year as low crude prices boosted consumption.Oil production grew by half a percent, or 400,000 barrels per day, the lowest gain since 2009, as energy companies slashed spending.U.S. shale, or tight, oil production fell dramatically last year but has rebounded strongly in recent months as oil prices have risen, a factor that the market should get used to, Dale said.“U.S. tight oil is like a Weeble: It falls off but then it bounces back up again,” Dale said. “Any sense of trying to kill tight oil makes no sense.”As oil demand growth continues to outstrip production growth, global oil stocks which have plagued the market since 2014 will start falling “more materially” in the second half of this year, Dale said.Gas saw similar growth to oil.Cheaper and abundant gas supplies in the United States and China’s drive to switch to cleaner feedstock for its power plants led to a 1.7 percent drop in demand for coal, the most pollutant fossil fuel.Coal’s share in the energy mix declined to its lowest since 2004 at around 28 percent. Production saw its largest ever annual drop at 6.2 percent, BP said.“It feels to me like we are seeing a decisive break in coal relative to the past,” Dale said.RENEWABLES SURGERenewables such as solar and wind power were the fastest growing source of energy, rising by 12 percent and accounting for a third of the overall growth in demand.Still, renewables provide only 4 percent of the world’s primary energy as China overtook the United States for the first time as the largest producer of renewable power.The slowing growth in energy demand, the shift to cleaner fuels and higher energy efficiency meant that carbon emissions grew by 0.1 percent last year, similar to the previous two years, making it the lowest three-year average for emissions growth since 1981-83.“While welcome, it is not yet clear how much of this break from the past is structural and will persist. We need to keep up our focus and efforts on reducing carbon emissions,” BP CEO Bob Dudley said.(Reporting by Ron Bousso; editing by Jason Neely)
LNG World News Staff Image courtesy of KogasLiquefied natural gas (LNG) imports into South Korea rose 22.5 percent in March year-on-year, according to the customs data.The country received 4.30 million tonnes of LNG last month, as compared to 3.51 million tonnes in the corresponding month the year before.Qatar, the world’s largest LNG exporter, Qatar, remained the dominant source of South Korean imports with 1.24 million mt of the chilled fuel imported from Qatar in March. These volumes rose by 0.35 million tonnes as compared to last year.LNG deliveries from Australia were slightly down to total 0.72 million tonnes while imports from the US rose 0.46 million tonnes from last year to total 0.53 million tonnes.The rest of South Korea’s LNG deliveries in March were sourced from Oman, Malaysia, Indonesia, Netherlands, Brunei, Russia, France, Peru, Trinidad and Tobago, Spain, Angola, Nigeria and Equatorial Guinea.South Korea’s average LNG price in March was at $9.38 per MMBtu, the data shows.In the January-March period, South Korea received 12.99 million tonnes of LNG. This compares to 11.38 million tonnes in the same period the year before.
Discrimination against Chinese touristshas been reported in several countries as well as in the Philippines, amidpublic fears of acquiring the deadly infectious disease. Students wearing protective masks during a school activity in Manila. AP “We should not let fear turn us againstone another, especially if these fears are unfounded. We must not stigmatizepeople, especially when they are at their most vulnerable, but empathize withthem instead,” he added. Andanar ensured that the Dutertegovernment is already coordinating with other countries and their governmenthealth agencies, as well as with international health organizations to containthe 2019-nCoV. Andanar also guaranteed that there is a“concerted effort” from government agencies to implement necessaryprecautionary measures to prevent the spread of China’s novel coronavirus to manyparts of the Philippines. Presidential Communications OperationsOffice Secretary Martin Andanar appealed to the public to stay “calm,level-headed, and compassionate,” assuring them that there have already beenglobal efforts to stop the 2019-nCoV epidemic. The new strain of the virus, whichoriginated in Wuhan City, China, has spread to over a dozen countries, many ofwhich are Southeast Asian nations. The death toll from the 2019-nCoV outbreakin China has already climbed to 259. “As the issue of a viral outbreakaffects everyone, let us not engage in discriminatory behavior, nor act withany bias towards our fellowmen. The reality is everyone is susceptible to thevirus,” Andanar said in a statement. MANILA – A Malacañang official has urgedFilipinos to avoid actions that may discriminate people suspected of beinginfected by the 2019 novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) acute respiratorydisease. “Preventing the outbreak of the2019-nCoV is not something we can do alone,” he said. “Let us not resort topanic, sow fear-mongering or spread misinformation. Solidarity, empathy, andcooperation are what we need to successfully take actions that will overcomethis health concern.” “With the first case of 2019-nCoVconfirmed yesterday and the World Health Organization having declared the virusas a public health emergency of international concern, we have intensified ourpreventive and control measures. It is a concerted effort being taken by ourdifferent agencies, to ensure that an outbreak is avoided,” he said./PN
More information is posted on the www.arizonaspeedway.net website. IMCA Modifieds run for $1,000 to win and Fast Shafts All-Star Invitational ballot berths while IMCA Sunoco Stock Cars and Karl Kustoms Northern SportMods both chase top checks of $500 at Saturday and Sunday, May 25 and 26 shows. Entry fee is $25 for Modifieds and $20 for Stock Cars and SportMods. Pit passes are $35. Grandstand admission is $16 for adults, $14 for seniors and military, $10 for kids and free for five and under. Pit gates open at 4:30 p.m. and the grandstand opens at 5:30 p.m. Hot laps are at 6:30 p.m., racing at 7:30 p.m. Both programs are draw/redraw and IMCA Speedway Motors Weekly Racing National, regional, E3 Spark Plugs Arizona State and track points will be awarded. SAN TAN VALLEY, Ariz. – Three IMCA divisions are on the card both nights of Arizona Speedway’s Memorial Weekend John Morris Classic.
Martha A. Moorman, 79, Greensburg, passed away on Tuesday, April 14, 2020 at the Morning Breeze Health Campus in Greensburg. Born, January 23, 1941 in Napoleon, Indiana, she was the daughter of Aloysius Christopher and Esther Elizabeth (Bruns) Thole. Martha graduated from Napoleon High School. She was a member of the St. Catherine of Siena Catholic Church in St. Maurice. She was a mother, housewife, cleaned houses, worked in nursing homes, and worked at a day care. She enjoyed playing music and singing with her brother and sisters at nursing homes. She loved spending time with her grandchildren. She was married to Donald Bernard Moorman on October 13, 1962 and he preceded her in death on December 15, 1999. She is survived by three sons, Rev. Dennis Moorman, São Paulo, Brazil, Bryan (Susie) Moorman, Columbus, Todd Moorman, Ohio; two daughters, Melany (James) Collier, Indianapolis, Sheila (Jeff Holman) Moorman, Columbus, Ohio; one brother, Paul (Marge) Thole, Napoleon; five sisters, Eileen Wagner, Osgood, Jane Reeder, Indianapolis, Marie (Bob) Haunert, Greensburg, Rita Duerstock, Napoleon, Anita Holley, Ukiah, CA; three grandchildren, Brooklyn Moorman, Noah Holman, Chrysta Collier. She was preceded in death by her parents and husband. Due to the recent public health safety mandate of limited gatherings, a private graveside service will be held for the immediate family at the St. Maurice Catholic Cemetery with Rev. Bill Ehalt officiating. Porter-Oliger-Pearson Funeral Home has been entrusted with the arrangements. Online condolences can be made to the family at www.popfuneralhome.com
“Ben is a really exciting talent and has proved he is more than capable of transferring his skills from league to union,” boss Dean Ryan told warriors.co.uk. “His experience and power in the centre will add further depth to our midfield and we’re looking forward to him joining up with the side.” Te’o is excited to be joining Worcester at a time of progression. “Warriors are in a very similar stage in their playing and cultural development that I found when I first joined the Rabbitohs,” he said. “I look forward to making a similar contribution at Sixways. “The investment in facilities and infrastructure is impressive and after speaking with Dean Ryan, it is clearly a club which is on the up. “Everything is in place for Worcester to become a successful club competing in the top tier.” Centre Ben Te’o will leave Leinster for Worcester next summer. The 28-year-old New Zealander left the South Sydney Rabbitohs for Leinster in June 2014, but has now agreed a lucrative move to the Aviva Premiership. Worcester are understood to have fought off strong competition for Teo’s signature, a statement of intent as the Warriors continue their battle for top-flight stability. Press Association
The Latest: Zverev, Carreno Busta start US Open men’s semis Alexander Zverev and Pablo Carreno Busta are first up in the U.S. Open men’s semifinals, with the winner earning a spot in his first Grand Slam final.Daniil Medvedev, the 2019 runner-up, and No. 2 seed Dominic Thiem meet in the second semifinal on Arthur Ashe Stadium, where “9-11 We Remember” signs are on cloth covering the empty seats.None of the four has won a major championship, but this year presented a great opportunity for young players. Neither Roger Federer nor defending champion Rafael Nadal is in New York, and top-ranked Novak Djokovic was disqualified from his fourth-round match against Carreno Busta for accidentally hitting a line judge in the throat with a ball while walking to the sideline after dropping a game.Zverev, the No. 5 seed, is in his second straight major semifinal after getting there at the Australian Open. Carreno Busta lost in this round at the 2017 U.S. Open.___ Associated Press Share This StoryFacebookTwitteremailPrintLinkedinRedditNEW YORK (AP) — The Latest on the U.S. Open tennis tournament (all times EDT):___4:20 p.m. 1:40 p.mVera Zvonareva and Laura Siegemund won the U.S. Open women’s doubles title in their first tournament together, beating the third-seeded duo of Xu Yifan and Nicole Melichar 6-4, 6-4.Zvonareva, a Russian who turned 36 this week, added this title to the 2006 U.S. Open title she won with Nathalie Dechy. She also was the runner-up in singles at Flushing Meadows in 2010, falling to Kim Clijsters.But she began playing less after giving birth to daughter Evelina in 2016.Xu and Melichar finished second for the second straight tournament in New York. They were runners-up at the Western & Southern Open that’s usually played in Ohio. September 11, 2020 ___ 12:30 p.m.The men’s semifinal matches will be played after the women’s doubles championship is awarded at the U.S. Open.Play began with the third-seeded team of Xu Yifan and Nicole Melichar playing the unseeded duo of Vera Zvonareva and Laura Siegemund.They were to be followed by Alexander Zverev against Pablo Carreno Busta, along with 2019 runner-up Daniil Medvedev facing No. 2 seed Dominic Thiem. None has won a Grand Slam title. Comfortable weather returned after the women’s singles semifinals were played with the Arthur Ashe Stadium roof closed Thursday night because of rain.___More AP tennis: https://apnews.com/apf-Tennis and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports
(BBC) – Premier League clubs will have their most thorough discussion to date about what should happen if the season is curtailed at their latest meeting today.All clubs will be given a say in a detailed debate over how to finalise the league table if the season cannot be completed, though it is widely expected that relegation will not be scrapped.A fixture list for the first few rounds of the rebooted season are also due to be confirmed, along with kick-off times and broadcast plans, though it is understood there will be some leeway for clubs to offer feedback.The opening two matches are due to be played on June 17, with a full round of fixtures that weekend.Match-day operations and return-to-play protocols will also be presented, with clubs told that breaches of the strict biosecurity requirements would incur sanctions.The number of people allowed inside the stadium during a match will need to be limited to about 300, according to documents sent to clubs.Premier League chief executive Richard Masters has told BBC Sport that the scrapping of relegation if the season has to be cancelled due to a second wave of coronavirus cases was “a significant topic” and would need to be debated by the clubs.‘We have to be flexible’ – Premier League chief executive Richard Masters speaks to BBC sports editor, Dan Roan.Some clubs are known to want relegation discarded this season. However, 14 clubs would need to back such a move for it to be adopted, and the Football Association has said it will oppose the idea. The governing body has a decisive ‘golden share’ in any vote.Premier League bosses are desperate to complete the season by the end of next month to avoid the risk of increased rebate payments to broadcasters, and want to avoid any delays because of disagreements over curtailment.A vote on the matter may not take place until a subsequent meeting.After weeks of discussions around the proposal to use neutral venues, BBC Sport understands that virtually all of the remaining 92 matches will be played at home and away grounds.But Premier League bosses will outline how they will need to identify pre-agreed neutral venues for each region as part of contingency planning in case of local spikes in coronavirus cases.The use of neutral venues would require a rule change, so clubs will need to vote on this matter.Various ‘enhancements’ to the broadcasting of matches are also due to be discussed at today’s meeting, including the possibility of camera access to dressing rooms, although that is understood to be unlikely.The Premier League is expected to offer a centralised plan for including fans in some way.European football clubs have used different methods to engage fans, with fans of Danish Superliga side AGF Aarhus appearing via video link on a virtual grandstand during last weekend’s derby match against Randers.Cardboard cut-outs of fans have also been considered by clubs, but the use of the existing big screens might prove the most feasible and least costly option.The Premier League’s plan to restart on June 17 received a boost on Wednesday, with just one positive test in the latest batch of testing.The singular case, from 1 197 players and staff members tested, came from Tottenham.But because of carefully planned drills and physio sessions being limited to 15-minute windows, it is not thought anyone else will need to isolate.