Schlumberger exits shale sector, sells U.S. fracking assets to Liberty Oilfield Services FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailPrint分享Bloomberg:Schlumberger has become the biggest oil-service industry player yet to abandon frack work in North America, a sign that activity in the U.S. shale patch may never revisit previous highs.The provider of drilling and oil-production equipment agreed to sell its U.S. and Canadian fracking business to smaller rival Liberty Oilfield Services Inc. After similar exits over the past few years by Baker Hughes Co. and Weatherford International Plc, Halliburton Co. is now the sole global provider of well completions for shale, and even Halliburton has said it’s looking overseas for better growth.For Schlumberger, the world’s top oilfield-services company, the deal is a massive reversal from its North American buying binge over the past few years, which added frack-sand mines, artificial-lift technology and Weatherford’s frack fleet. For Liberty, meanwhile, buying Schlumberger’s OneStim unit in exchange for a 37% stake in the company means the oilfield contractor will more than double the size of its frack fleet in a market that has sidelined three-fourths of U.S. crews this year.OneStim helps customers extract oil and gas from shale wells by blasting water, sand and chemicals underground to release trapped hydrocarbons. When combined with horizontal drilling, fracking launched the shale boom more than a decade ago. But now an historic crash in oil prices along with a glut of fracking gear has triggered a crisis that’s driven some frackers into bankruptcy.The combination with OneStim, which is expected to close in the final three months of this year, will make Liberty the second-biggest U.S. fracker with 2.3 million horsepower, according to Citigroup Inc.Schlumberger’s sale comes less than three years after it acquired Weatherford’s fracking unit for $430 million. Liberty said Tuesday it plans to scrap 1 million horsepower — essentially the former Weatherford fleet — amid an industrywide glut. As shale explorers heeded investor calls to rein in spending, fracking demand has dwindled. Beginning late last year, frack providers took the unusual step of scrapping much of their idle equipment.[David Wethe]More: Shale loses another global giant after Schlumberger’s frack sale
Lille boss Christophe Galtier has reacted to reports linking Super Eagles forward Victor Osimhen with a switch to Real Madrid.Advertisement Osimhen, 21, has been a subject of intense speculation from a host of clubs including Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs. According to Spanish sports daily Marca, the Los Blancos are also in the race to sign the Nigerian international.Reacting to the news, Galtier admitted he’s not aware of Madrid interest adding that they are only focused on their performance on the field.“Marca’s front page? I don’t know if they talked about it in the locker room. I didn’t get any feedback on that,” Galtier said.\https://twitter.com/footballliveCH/status/1213847988864462848Read Also: Barcelona hope to steal Liverpool and Real Madrid target“On a personal level, I’m focused on the competition. The transfer window will end on the 31st. I’ll see what will happen.”“I don’t mind. I don’t get a sense of pride either. The media may be the news. I didn’t talk about it with my president or with Luis Campos. That doesn’t interest me.”FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Loading… Promoted ContentThe Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read More18 Beautiful Cities That Are Tourist Magnets20 Facts That’ll Change Your Perception Of “The Big Bang Theory”Best & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever Made10 Phones That Can Work For Weeks Without Recharging6 Extreme Facts About HurricanesPortuguese Street Artist Creates Hyper-Realistic 3D GraffitiBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For ThemThe Funniest Prankster Grandma And Her GrandsonWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?15 Celebs Whose Careers Were Thwarted After One Simple Mistake5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks
DECATUR COUNTY, Ind. — A Batesville man has been arrested after a traffic stop on Inertsate-74 in Decatur County.According to police, William Burchfield, 32, was arrested on charges of Possession of Marijuana.Police say they saw a pickup truck driving without a front bumper on I-74.The officer initiated a traffic stop and smelled the odor of Marijuana.During a search of the vehicle, officers found a baggie of plant-like material and three partially burned hand-rolled cigarettes.
Team USA has lost yet another player for the FIBA World Cup.Rockets forward P.J. Tucker has withdrawn from the tournament after sustaining an ankle injury during practice Thursday, according to The Athletic. FIBA World Cup 2019: Khris Middleton, Brook Lopez wish Giannis Antetokounmpo the best, just not against U.S. The remaining team features talented players but looks more like a roster full of borderline All-Stars and third-team NBAers with Kemba Walker, Jayson Tatum, Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart, Donovan Mitchell, Brook Lopez, Khris Middleton, De’Aaron Fox, Harrison Barnes, Kyle Kuzma, Myles Turner and Mason Plumlee filling out the list.Again, these are good players, but most have made it to the team by virtue of injury or invite after other players pulled out.Team USA will play Australia in an exhibition game in the coming week and then faces off with the Czech Republic to open tournament play Sept. 1. Anthony Davis, Damian Lillard, CJ McCollum, Julius Randle, Marvin Bagley III, Trae Young, Bradley Beal, Kyle Lowry, DeMar DeRozan, Tobias Harris, Paul Millsap, JJ Redick, Kevin Love, Andre Drummond and Montrezl Harrell have all either pulled out of Team USA or declined an invite. FIBA World Cup: Kyle Lowry withdraws from Team USA after not being cleared for ‘full basketball activities’ Houston’s PJ Tucker is withdrawing from USA Basketball ahead of FIBA World Cup because of an ankle injury, and will prepare for Rockets training camp, sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium.— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) August 16, 2019According to the Houston Chronicle, Tucker returned to Houston to receive treatment for what is being described as a “minor left ankle sprain.”Tucker is diagnosed as having “a minor left ankle sprain” and will return to Houston for treatment.— Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) August 16, 2019Tucker joins teammates James Harden and Eric Gordon in withdrawing from Team USA, but they are only three in what has been a seemingly endless line of withdrawals from the roster. Related News FIBA World Cup: Marvin Bagley III latest player to withdraw from Team USA, report says FIBA World Cup: Celtics excited for new season, extra time with new teammate Kemba Walker FIBA World Cup 2019: Hawks’ Trae Young leaves Team USA camp with ‘minor injury’
Adnan Pribišić won the first gold medal in the race to 25 meters at the Special Olympic Games in Los Angeles.Thus, B&H won the first medal on this year’s Special Olympics, held in Los Angeles.Adnan won the gold medal in the category of breaststroke swimming on 25 meters, and Asmir Begović congratulated him on the success. Begović’s foundation donated the amount of 5 000 GBP to the Special Olympics of B&H for the purposes of going to Los Angeles.To recall, the International Special Olympic World Games will be held in Los Angeles this year from the 25th of July to the 2nd of August. 10,000 male and female athletes from 187 countries will participate, and the Olympic Games were officially opened by the US President, Barack Obama.Our delegation is made of athletes from Sarajevo, Banja Luka, Tuzla, Gračanica, Srebrenica, Pale and Čelić who are making 29 members of our team, from which 20 athletes will compete in 4 sports: athletics, swimming, table tennis and women’s unified football. (Source: klix.ba)
Eight students who performed exceptionally well at the just-ended inter-high school debate competition have received scholarships from the BlueCrest University College.The eight students were selected from four schools that made it to the finals of the competition.At yesterday’s presentation of the scholarship award letters to the winning students, BlueCrest Country Manager Rameshwar Mehrotra said each of the recipients will benefit for six months only to obtain certificates in computer networking and other courses the university offers. “Althought the scholarship is for a semester, it will be extended for a year when it expires depending on the academic performance of the recipients,” Mr. Mehrotra announced. He said Blue Crest administration believes that education is the best gift and in that light, the institute awarded the scholarships to students who performed well in the competition.The founder of the Devine Events and Consultancy, organizer of the debate competition, Alex Devine appreciated BlueCrest family for living up to their promise.He assured them that the selected beneficiary students will performance to meet the expected academic requirements.“I strongly believe in these students’ academic performances, under no condition can they let me down. These students were not just randomly selected, they went through a rigorous selection process and were therefore qualified,” Devine said.On behalf of the scholarship recipients, Satta F. Sheriff assured the administration of their preparedness to meet up with the required grade points to maintain the scholarships. Student Sheriff is also the speaker of the Liberia National Children’s Representative Forum. Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)