The Colombo High Court released Weeratunga and Pelpita on cash bail of Rs. 100,000 each and surety bail of Rs. 1 million each. Lalith Weeratunga, the secretary to the former President, and former Telecom Regulatory Commission Chairman Anusha Pelpita, were today given bail in the ‘sil redi’ case.They were accused of misappropriating Rs. 620 million of Government funds to distribute ‘sil redi’, cloth used by Buddhist devotees, to voters last year.
- Hunter Hicks Wins Second Annual Southland Home Run Derby
- Mourinho Out trends as Spurs fans complain Pochettino was not the problem
- Spurs make little fuss over Mou’s first home game & barely mention Poch
- Pacific nations call for action on rugby league pay gap
- Canberra Raiders stun Melbourne Storm, move to third in NRL ladder